Acquisition Marketing Manager
The Acquisition marketing manager is responsible for managing all Consumer and Member Acquisition and Retention Marketing for the global maker community.
We are a mission-driven company that serves a growing community of makers through publishing and events. We have a new online platform that connects makers to each other by providing them a way to share their projects. We are looking for a talented person who understands this community and expands our ability to reach out to new and existing makers around the world.
The ideal candidate has some experience in traditional fields such as direct mail and circulation management but also has recently directed efforts at building ongoing relationships with online audiences.
- Engaging, acquiring and retaining customers using various transactional techniques and channels including social, email, content and event marketing for digital platforms.
- Working closely with internal and external partners to deliver effective enewsletter campaigns and outbound marketing.
- Defining and analyzing metrics to guide gain consumer insights and feedback for marketing tactics
- Managing constrained marketing budgets and ensuring the resources are fully utilized.
- Working with all organizational functions to ensure a coordinated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Conceiving and coordinating marketing campaigns alongside consumer partners.
- Periodic and cumulative reviews against performance metrics for of all campaigns
- Market research and benchmarking of target markets, analysis of company products in relation to competitors.
- Maximizing the use of existing tools, including What Counts, for customer acquisition and social media marketing.
- Ideating with technology, design and editorial teams to achieve creative, effective and cost-effective campaigns.
- Ideating with technology to optimize collection and use of customer data.
The ideal background:
- Previous experience as a consumer marketing manager with customer acquisition experience essential.
- You will be a passionate and driven marketing manager with up to date knowledge of cutting edge marketing techniques.
- An unrivalled knowledge of consumer marketing in the specific sector.
Benefits and Other Tidbits:
- This position is San Francisco-based, with occasional travel to Sebastopol, CA
- Our generous benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k) with matching program.
- Salary and level to be determined by experience and education.
- Maker Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Anyone interested in applying can go to www.makermedia.com and find the job openings listed “jobs”. Email your resume (please include the job title in the subject line) in a Word or PDF document to [email protected].