Maker Faire Bay Area & New York 2019
Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of like-minded people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. Make: celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. Make: magazine, Maker Shed and Maker Faire, and our new online platform Maker Share, nurture a growing community that believes in bettering ourselves, our environment, our educational system – our entire world. Care to join us?
Maker Media is looking for a Community Specialist for the 2019 Maker Faire flagship events. This individual will be responsible for definition and execution of marketing plan for Maker Faire Bay Area and Maker Faire New York. We’re looking for an individual with experiential event marketing experience and a proven track record. Part time hourly will run from February through approximately mid-October, and will report to the Marketing Manager. Hours will range from 20-25/week with a steady increase April-May and August-September.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer concerns and connecting them with the correct team when applicable.
- Manage and Update Customer Service Platform (Zendesk)
- Manage, coordinate, and execute Group Ticket Packages to Schools and Businesses
- Event ticketing management in Eventbrite
- Manage and Execute ticket exchanges for customers
- Process manual orders from purchase orders
- Work with Sponsor Relations on their ticketing needs
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Engage local like minded businesses and groups in Marketing efforts.
- Engage local schools in Marketing efforts
- Manage and Execute communications and orchestration with our Grass Root Street team.
- Manage ticket donation Request and distribution
- On-Site Responsibilities
- Media Lounge set up
- Monitor social media channels for attendee concerns
- Resolve on-site ticketing issues with Eventbrite and Kinetics team
- Additional roles to be assigned on-site
Other Interesting Tidbits:
- This position is based at our San Francisco office location
- Hourly pay and level to be determined by experience and education
- This is a temporary position and therefore not eligible for benefits
- Maker Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this position, please email your resume in a Word or PDF document to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line. Thanks!