Contract Sponsor Relations Manager
MAKE unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of like-minded people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. MAKE celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. Make: magazine, Maker Shed and Maker Faire, and our new online platform Maker Share, nurture a growing community that believes in bettering ourselves, our environment, our educational system – our entire world. Care to join us?
Make is looking for a Contract Sponsor Relations Manager. The Sponsor Relations Manager would be responsible for handling sponsor communications and production for flagship Maker Faires. We’re looking for an individual with event production experience and a proven track record.
This position will run from February through approximately mid-October. It will require an average of 20-30 hours per week, although those hours will most likely spike closer to 40 hours per week as the Faires near. San Mateo in May and New York in September!
- Manage the execution and activation of event sponsorships for Maker Faires
- Communicate closely with the partnership team on delivery of sponsorship
- Work closely with the event production team on logistics and operations for pre-event and on-site planning
- Work closely with outside vendors to help manage orders and service delivery
- Interact extensively with agency and client personnel
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Manage projects within internal departments (marketing, web, editorial)
- Develop summary reports outlining sponsorship benefits
- Represent MAKE in public environments
- 30% travel
- Minimum of three years event production experience
- Minimum of two years of account/client management/services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and/or experience
- Project management skills; detail oriented; ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Google docs
- Proficient in with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, KeyNote, and SalesForce
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Sense of humor absolutely necessary!
Other Interesting Tidbits:
- This position is located in our San Francisco office
- Salary and level to be determined by experience and education
- This is a contract position and therefore not eligible for benefits
- Maker is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this position, please email your resume in a Word or PDF document to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line. Thanks!