Customer Service Representative
Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a worldwide community of like-minded people who dare to innovate and create in their backyards, basements, and garages. Make: magazine, Maker Shed and Maker Faire, and our new online community platform Maker Share, support how makers learn, earn and live.
About the job:
The Customer Service Representative provides general customer assistance for Maker Media. Primary responsibility is to support Maker Shed (our ecommerce site), Maker Faire, Make: Magazine and other brands. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, exhibit excellent problem-solving and people skills, and possess outstanding communication skills, working primarily through our CRM system, Zendesk.
- Represent Maker Media to the outside world.
- Respond to customer service requests within one business day via phone, email, live chat, etc.
- Take ownership of resolving customer service issues from start to finish.
- Notify customers of any change in order status or issues related to their order.
- Become familiar with products that we sell online, including general product knowledge, product features and functionality.
- Gather, analyze and present customer feedback to various stakeholders.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-3 years customer service experience. E-commerce experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Zendesk is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and a motivated problem solver.
- Adept at juggling multiple tasks.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of the team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with online tools, especially Google Docs.
- Basic knowledge of or interest in electronics, robotics, 3D printing, and Arduino/Raspberry Pi.
Benefits and Other Tidbits:
- This is a part time position
- Salary and level to be determined by experience and education
- San Francisco based, remote possible
To apply for this position, email your resume in a Word or PDF document to [email protected].
Please include the job title in the subject line. Thanks!
Maker Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer