Sponsor Relations Manager
Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of like-minded people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. MAKE celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. Make: magazine, Maker Shed and Maker Faire, and our new online platform Maker Share, nurture a growing community that believes in bettering ourselves, our environment, our educational system – our entire world. Care to join us?
Make: is looking for a Sponsor Relations Manager. The Sponsor Relations Manager would be responsible for handling sponsor communications and production for flagship Maker Faires. We’re looking for an individual with event production experience and a proven track record.
This position will run from February through approximately mid-October. This position is a temporary full time position. Hours may spike as the Faires near. San Mateo in May and New York in September!
- Manage the execution and activation of event sponsorships for Maker Faires
- Communicate closely with the partnership team on delivery of sponsorship
- Work closely with the event production team on logistics and operations for pre-event and on-site planning
- Work closely with outside vendors to help manage orders and service delivery
- Interact extensively with agency and client personnel
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Manage projects within internal departments (marketing, web, editorial)
- Develop summary reports outlining sponsorship benefits
- Represent Make: in public environments
- 30% travel
- Minimum of three years event production experience
- Minimum of two years of account/client management/services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and/or experience
- Project management skills; detail oriented; ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Google docs
- Proficient in with Google Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Salesforce
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Sense of humor absolutely necessary!
Other Interesting Tidbits:
- This position is located in our San Francisco or Sebastopol Office
- Salary and level to be determined by experience and education
- Our generous benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k) with matching program
- Make: is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF document to [email protected].
Please include the job title in the subject line. Thanks!