Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a worldwide community of like-minded people who dare to innovate and create in their backyards, basements, and garages. Make: magazine, Maker Shed and Maker Faire, and our new online community platform Maker Share, support how makers learn, earn and live.
We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our Partnership Team, focusing on the sale of sponsorships for our events and media properties. As a representative of Maker Media, you will sell both targeted and large-scale integrated media and event partnerships to Fortune 500 brands, top agencies and emerging companies. You will have the ability to represent Maker Media as the driver of the global maker movement and present a suite of compelling opportunities to clients including:
- Participation in flagship and global Maker Faires
- Custom partnership programs
- Digital/Social programs on Makezine, Maker Share, and e-newsletters
- Print opportunities in our award winning Make: magazine
- Structure large scale event sponsorships and media campaigns with major clients in the technology, education, auto, entertainment, CPG, emerging products, government, finance and other relevant industries
- Prospect and maintain new accounts
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work closely with the client services team to insure all programs are delivered
- Develop new, unique concepts to present to clients based on Maker Media’s asset base
- 2-5 years of relevant sales experience
- The ability to clearly and persuasively articulate opportunities to senior level clients
- Motivated self starter who can thrive in a fast paced, energetic environment
- Active prospecting and account development skills
- A strong belief in the mission of Maker Media and the maker movement.
Benefits and Other Tidbits:
- Our generous benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k) with matching program
- Salary and level to be determined by experience and education
- Remote or San Francisco based
To apply for this position, email your resume in a Word or PDF document to [email protected].
Please include the job title in the subject line. Thanks!
Maker Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer